Wealden coronavirus cases continue to increase slowly, according to the latest data.
This website usually reports on cases confirmed by Wealden in the laboratory every Monday. The total is now 471, up from 464 last Monday and 457 the previous week.
The increase of seven cases now means that the rate per 100,000 inhabitants is 294.1.
Wealden is 63rd on a list of subordinate local authorities, 64th last time.
The rate per 100,000 will inevitably increase as the number of positive tests increases because the population is static and the availability of tests has increased over time.
Testing in Uckfield
Anyone who thinks they have symptoms of Covid-19 can book a test in Uckfield today (August 3), tomorrow or Wednesday.
The Wealden District Council said that after booking an appointment, people can walk or drive to the test site.
Compare and contrast Wealden with other areas
Here are the statistics from our data set from neighboring areas (last week in brackets)
- Brighton and Hove 814 (797). Current rate per 100,000 population 280.3.
- Eastbourne 449 (439). Current rate per 100,000 population 335.2.
- Hastings Borough 135 (132). Current rate per 100,000 population 145.4.
- Lewes District 377 (376). Current rate per 100,000 population is 366.9.
- Mid Sussex 609 606). Current rate per 100,000 population 406.8.
- Rother 188 (188). Current rate per 100,000 population 196.5.
- Tunbridge Wells district (482). Current rate – per 100,000 inhabitants 408.3.
- East Sussex – 1,620 (1,599) laboratory confirmed cases at a rate of 292.1 per 100,000 population.
- West Sussex – 2,806 (2,781) laboratory confirmed cases at a rate of 326.7 per 100,000 population.
- Southeast Region – 35,539 (35,096) laboratory confirmed cases at a rate of 389.1 per 100,000 population.
- England – 262,746 (257,859) laboratory confirmed cases at a rate of 469.4 per 100,000 population
Cases of Uckfield and district corona viruses
Covid-19 cases in Uckfield and surrounding communities are low.
The numbers we reported last Monday have not changed. see story here
It is important to note that these numbers do NOT mean that there have been no coronavirus cases in the Uckfield region. IIf two or fewer cases (including zero) exist in an area, the data will be suppressed by Public Health England for confidentiality reasons.
This website updates the number of Wealden Coronavirus deaths every Wednesday.
Here is the report from last week that shows an increase in the past few weeks.
- Our information comes from our own records, which are filled with numbers from official sources, including the Office for National Statistics (ONS). The information in this story covers different reporting periods. This website endeavors to compare “like with like” and usually reports weekly.
Uckfield shopping tips for August
Butchers celebrate first anniversary
Work on a new roundabout on the Uckfield ring road
Proposals for 550 new homes in Uckfield
Find local businesses in our Uckfield directory
How to advertise on UckfieldNews.com