Frank Key Group The network of five branches for building materials and 15 branches for tool and tool rental will stop trading until further notice to keep the spread of Covid-19 under control.
James Norton, General Manager of the Frank Key Group, said: “We believe that stopping trading is the responsible approach to protecting the health and well-being of all of our colleagues, customers and partners during this public health emergency.
“Frank Key Building Supplies contacts customers regarding pending orders that are now not being fulfilled and are closing our locations. Please do not call to place an order. All of our websites are open to the public for the health and safety of our employees, customers and business partners. Frank Key Plant & Tool Hire is also closed to all companies. "
Frank Key's Patioworld from Brookfields Garden Center in Mapperley closed on Tuesday after the government passed trade restrictions on non-essential business.
Building materials company Breedon has closed its UK offices.
The company said in a statement: “We have decided to temporarily suspend production at our sites in the UK, with the exception of our Hope cement plant and operations that meet critical supply needs. During the course of this week, we started to gradually shut down the relevant websites while ensuring that they were able to get back online quickly and safely at the right time.
"Our activities in the Republic of Ireland, including our cement plant in Kinnegad, will continue until further instructions from the Irish government."
A website of the marketing agency Derbyshire Purpose media has helped Leyton Orient bring some of the world's top professional football clubs and players together to network and participate in a global charity tournament.
The company set up the official online platform for Orient last year. In the past few weeks since the Covid 19 crisis started, the club has used the website to promote its Ultimate Quaran team challenge, which it launched in response to the corona virus ban on sports .
When it became known earlier this month that all football matches would be suspended, Orient's social media manager Luke Lambourne came up with the idea of hosting a virtual FIFA tournament to close the gap.
The idea quickly caught the attention of several top clubs and players who stepped in with support. Since then it has gone viral. 128 teams from around the world registered to attend the event and made headlines worldwide.
The Crystal Palace winger, Andros Townsend, and the Brighton and Hove Albion striker, Neal Maupay, are both registered for the game, while other high-profile clubs such as Manchester City, Newcastle United and West Ham also have players. They will take on their rivals from well-known European clubs such as Ajax and RB Salzburg.
The tournament, which started on Sunday (March 22nd) and runs through April 3rd, has already raised nearly £ 30,000 to charity thanks to donations from football fans and organizations like SkyBet. Part of the money will be shared between the MIND charity and the World Health Organization, the rest will support English football league teams whose earnings have come from the canceled games.
Participating local teams included Nottingham Forest, represented by YouTuber and rapper Randolph, who lost 1-4 against Fiorentina in the opening game, and Derby County eSports, who lost 0-4 in the first game against RB Saltzberg.
Matt Wheatcroft, general manager of Purpose Media, said: “It seems absolutely surreal that the digital solution we developed to help Leyton Orient better connect with fans helped the club so much Bring charity event together and bring soccer fans around the world together.
"But it's great to be part of something that makes headlines around the world and collects money for such a worthy purpose." Due to the continuing coronavirus crisis, which affects consumers, businesses and sports clubs in the same way, there is a lot of doom and darkness.
"But such things bring sports, business and people together, give them something positive to focus their energy on and give something back to the fans who follow them through thick and thin."
House giant from Coalville Barratt developments has closed its sales offices, construction sites and offices, has stopped all land purchase activities, hiring and all non-essential investments in order to combat the effects of the corona virus.
The company said it had a good start to the year with high customer demand.
A statement added: “Given the ongoing uncertainty, we cannot currently quantify the impact of COVID-19 on our financial and trading performance. Accordingly, the group suspends all existing financial guidelines.
“The company faces this challenge from a position of strength, with a robust balance sheet, a highly qualified workforce and an experienced board. Our customers and employees remain the focus of every decision we make. The board is focused on taking the right measures to help us emerge from this pandemic and be well positioned to continue delivering the high quality housing the country needs. "